Monday, February 22, 2010

Recipe Testing!!!

Earlier this month, I started testing recipes for a vegan baking book! It is tentatively titled “Vegan Bakesale”. So far, everything has been tasty and delicious!

Dinoff has been talking for years about missing the little baby sausages wrapped in puff pastry that he grew up eating as a kid. He even wrote to Tofurky requesting them! Needless to say, he was extremely excited when I told him about this recipe: Mini Sausage Rolls! This was my first time making any type of seitan and it was so easy! I don’t know why I’ve been scared about this all these years.

The end product is tasty sausages wrapped in flaky puff pastry dough. So, so good! Of course we had to eat it with vegan fancy sauce and creamy dijon.

IMG_3837

IMG_3824

These pretty little gems are Pinkilicious cookies! They are delicious, chewy and flavored with rosewater. Rosewater is a new ingredient for me and I have to say, I love it!

IMG_3687

Gingered Chocolate Chip Cookies! Chewy and tasty!

IMG_3712

1 comment:

Dinoff said...

Wow!!!! Those Mini "Sausages" in Puff Pastry were AWESOME!!!!! When I was eating them, I was totally reminded of when I was a kid, scarfing them down with wild abandon!!!!

I'v never had rosewater in my food before; gotta say that it is an acquired taste! Those cookies were delicious though! Nice and soft, chewy & delicious!

While I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of ginger, I must say that the Ginger cookies were really good. They didn't have an over abundance of ginger, and it blended well with the chocolate chips in the cookies!

Everything was really good! Although they went by too fast! Booo!

Awesome job!